If reviewers on Amazon are a gauge of whether or not a product is worthy to purchase, go immediately and order up a Sophie! Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether
Really? A rubber giraffe gets 4 stars out of 5 after receiving 1,858 reviews and I start to wonder why.
Of course she’s super cute and who doesn’t need something super cute for their baby. But according to parents who have a Sophie (or three) at home, it’s the best thing since
sliced bread mother’s milk.
Read this review to get the picture.
My 5 month old daughter LOVES her Sophie the Giraffe toy! This toy is absolutely wonderful in every way. Sophie is made of soft rubber and makes a pleasant-sounding squeak whenever any part of her body is squeezed, so even a young baby can elicit a reaction from the toy with minimal effort.
I don’t know what it is about Sophie, but whenever my daughter plays with her, she gets very vocal and talkative.
I saw another review which referred to this toy as “a glorified dog toy”. That reviewer is mistaken, and simply doesn’t realize the value of this toy.
– Sophie’s body, while soft, has several areas of thicker rubber (the nubs on her head, her ears, and her feet) which are perfect for teething babies to gnaw on for relief.
– Sophie’s contrasting colors (spots) are visually stimulating to a baby.
– She is easy to grip given her long, thin neck.
– This toy is made of 100% natural rubber and uses food-grade paint (SAFE!).
– This is a quality baby toy which will last for many years.
I would much rather pay $20 for a safe, engaging toy for my baby, than pay $5 for some piece of junk with lead paint.
Moral of the story… You are a horrible parent if you don’t buy a Sophie today. Probably not horrible but you at least want to be as cool as the 1000s of other parents who have discovered the secret of Sophie.
You can order by clicking this link and just so you know I’ll get a bit of a referral fee for bringing the Sophie joy to your life!