Once again Amazon.com amazes me! Here’s another case of something looking or sounding totally ridiculous but actually turning out to be something you absolutely must have as a new mom. Hands-free breastpumping bras weren’t around when I was nursing. Without a laptop or smartphone that I absolutely couldn’t put down it wasn’t too much of a problem for me to spend my 30 minutes in the lactation room with one hand free flipping through a Working Mother magazine from 1983 while the other hand held the containers.
Here’s what I thought I’d be doing while I was home with the baby during maternity leave:
- I’d be nursing in a white flowing gown with soft light shining down and songbirds singing in the background
- I’d pack up the baby and we’d head out for the mall to get in a good walk and some window shopping
- Lunching with stay at home friends who I thought must be the luckiest women in the world
- Creating a masterpiece of a scrapbook that would be the envy of all
- Exercising during the baby’s nap in order to get back in shape after gaining 50 lbs